Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A TRIP TO THE BOONIES........

TO JOSIES ANTQUE'S . JOSIE'S IS LOCATED OFF OF RT 38 JUST EAST OF DEKALB, IL. AFTER DRIVING DOWN A TREE LINED COUNTRY LANE, A COLLECTION OF OLD BARNS AND BUILDINGS YIELD TREASURES GALORE! ANYTHING YOU MIGHT BE WANTING IS AT JOSIE'S AT GREAT PRICES! SHE REALLY KNOWS HER STUFF! THIS CERTAINLY IS NOT A PLACE TO GO IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY AS THERE ARE FIVE BUILDING CHOCK FULL OF GOODIES! IT WAS COLD AND RAINY THE DAY I WENT THERE, BUT I KNEW THE WOOD BURNING STOVES WOULD BE THERE TO DIMINISH THE CHILL AND THERE WOULD BE FRESH, HOME BAKED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AVAILABLE SHOULD ONE NEED TO KEEP ONE'S ENERGY LEVELS WHERE THEY NEED TO BE! YUM!



A GREAT COLLECTION OF IRONSTONE.


SHABBY, SHABBY!
























A GREAT USE FOR AN OLD OUT HOUSE!







IN JOSIE'S TRANQUILITY ROOM.





















GOAT'S MILK SOAP, LOVE THIS IDEA!












SORRY, SAME OUTHOUSE.









































EARL........................













...............................AND THE GIRLS!


IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT YOU CAN'T FIND SOMETHING YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE, YOU CAN ALWAYS PURCHASE FREE RANGE EGGS FROM THESE LOVELY LADIES!
JOSIE ALSO HAS A LARGE SELECTION OF SILK AND DRIED ARRANGEMENTS THAT SHE CREATES AS WELL AS HERBAL SOAPS, SACHETS, AND OILS.














9 comments:

Anita said...

WE ARE GOING TO COME BACK INSIDE THE SAME BUILDING BUT WE ARE GOING TO BE ONT HE EAST WALL NEXT TO THE GUY THAT SELLS JEWELRY CASES FOR APRIL. TOO MUCH RAIN PREDICTED FOR SUNDAY!

June said...

Love, love, love places like these! I would be in heaven. The picture of Earl is great. I do love a good sheep with my junk.

Little Pals said...

Just wanted to say Josie's is a fantastic place to get more than antiques because her energy and the energy of the whole place is peaceful and enlightening.

Also her soy candles are amazing! The scents last and are strong enough to notice but not so strong they overpower.

Best to go on a regular basis as she is always changing the settings and inventory.

anythinggoeshere said...

It's been years since I was out at Josie's and it looks as cute as ever! xo Joan

Patti said...

This place looks wonderful- I will have to try and find it sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Country Cottage Chic said...

What a fabulous place to spend a few hours browsing through all the treasures. Did you buy anything?

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Looks like a great place to me. Wish I could have been with you, but since I wasn't, thanks for all the photos. That's the next best thing.
Smiles,
Pat

Funkymonkey said...

Just my sort of place.

tracey

Annabelle said...

Oh my! My kind of adventure and with cookies and a wood stove to warm the old cinders...hehe! I would need that for sure...ended up going in for a bad knee last week to hospital but this little trip of yours is so enticing me to rest it well for soon I'll be going on some of my own treasure hunts! Luv the ironstone, the gate and of course the sheep is the best!
You sure know how to have fun....Hugs Annabelle