Friday, March 27, 2009

FROM MY SCRAP BAG...TADA!!!!

I SAVE SCRAPS! ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE VINTAGE OR AGED AND ARE NATURAL FIBERS. I LOVE OLD TEXTILES AND CAN'T SEEM TO PART WITH THE LEAST LITTLE BITS. I HAVE BAGS AND BAGS OF BITS AND PIECES OF OLD LACE AND FABRIC AND SOMETIMES I JUST TAKE THEM OUT TO LOOK AT THEM FOR INSPIRATION. YESTERDAY WAS A STAY-AT-HOME DAY FOR ME, SO I LOOKED THROUGH ONE OF THESE BAGS AND PUT TOGETHER THESE BIRD CANVASES FOR MY SHOP. THEY ARE VERY PRIMITIVE LOOKING BUT THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS LOOK IS THAT NO TALENT IS NEEDED! IT'S JUST GOOD FUN! (P.S. I DID LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS BECAUSE IT WAS A SPECIAL TRASH PICK-UP WEEK AND I WAS EAGER TO SCAVENGE! GOT SOME GREAT STUFF WHICH I WILL SHOW ON ANOTHER BLOG. I FELT IT WAS MY DUTY TO HELP KEEP THINGS OUT OF THE LANDFILL AND I FEEL I DID MY GOOD DEED!) SORRY THE PICS ARE ON THE DARK SIDE. I WAS TOO LAZY TO EDIT!









8 comments:

June said...

These are just wonderful. How perfect for this time of year too. What a talent you are. Good girl, saving all that great stuff from being tossed.

Country Cottage Chic said...

How cute! I'm intrigued to see what you saved from the trash!

Patti said...

I love them- you are so talented! They sure don't look like scraps now!

lynn rodriguez said...

Oh my gosh I just found your blog after you left that awesome comment on my friends blog-Dream in Cream. I love your blog I went through the whole thing.I must get to Chicago, your shop and all of the things you make are beautiful. I must get one of the crocheted hats, the cream and beige one with the flower. You are so talented. Wow. Luv, Lynn

sepiadreams said...

Hi Judy, love the scrap art....Oh by the way I have named you in my latest blog....Cell phone users...Tell me what you think...Love Tiina...

Sammy Girl said...

HI! Thanks for stopping by my new blog! I love your birds and looking forward to seeing your rescued treasures.

Betty :)

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Just found your blog today, and so glad I did. Another junk gal. I love to shop on the side of the road before trash pick up.
I saw so many of your wonderful creations. Thank you for sharing.
Smiles,
Pat

Anita said...

Super cute birdies! Are you coming to Kane? We are supposed to be outside but if the weather still looks like rain, we may try to go back in. We'll have to see. othwerwise, we are by the West Gate- Janice knows the way!!!!