Sunday, March 15, 2009

RALPH LAUREN, EAT YOUR HEART OUT........

I LOVE OLD BOOKS! TODAY I DECIDED TO PUT ALL THE GRUNGIEST ONES TOGETHER ON THE SHOP'S MANTEL SO THAT THEY COULD MAKE A STATEMENT. THEY ARE STAINED, TORN, WORN ,HAVE LOTS OF FOXING AND ARE BEAUTIFUL! THE ONE STANDING UP IS A GIANT DICTIONARY, VERY, VERY OLD WITH AN ABUSED LEATHER COVER. TWO OF THE STACKED ONES ALSO HAVE LEATHER COVERS AND THE BOTTOM ONE HAS NO COVER AT ALL. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!





BELOW IS A PIECE OF OLD WOOD TRIM THAT I TURNED INTO A MINI PHOTO FRAME TO PROP UP NEXT TO THE BIG OL ' DICTIONARY.








9 comments:

Wren Cottage said...

Great job!!!! I LOVE IT TOO!!! Thanks for sharing your treasures,the little frame is brilliant! The whole display is beautiful!!

Have a great week!

xo Madai

June said...

Such a beautiful post.Love love love old books. Your mantle looks so lovely. I enjoy your blog so much and look forward to all your posts.

JUST ME said...

I am lovin the books...

The gungier the better.

Angelica

The Pink Birdhouse said...

I am in love with the little wooden trim turned picture frame! How ingenious!! Just goes to show that a simple little nothing can easily be turned into something wonderful and useful once again, with a bit of imagination! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos and ideas with all.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Love it all!!! I love old books even when they are worn and tattered-a sign that they were well used and loved:) I absolutely love what you did with the architectural piece-how clever!

Country Cottage Chic said...

The more worn they are the more loved they have been! Pristine books mean that nobody read them!

debi lynn mattingly said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! One of my fav collections....old books! Love this post...and also, thanks for stoppin' by the yaya. Hummm...wouldn't those look great in my new studio look? :)

Have a beautiful & creative day! xo...deb

Anita said...

I like the little frame a lot....does your mind ever stop? Hope you are well..Judy is sick...and I need her to get better because I miss her...

Annabelle said...

Lovely display and I too have a very very very old dictionary with a cordoroy cover.....luv the frame...so sweet!
Hugs Annabelle