Thursday, March 12, 2009

BIRD NEST NECKLACES

RECENTLY I SAW INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING BIRD NEST JEWELRY USING WIRE AND BEADS. CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE, BUT I REMEMBERED HOW. AFTER MAKING A FEW PIECES, (AFTER ALL, IT IS SPRING AND THE BIRDS ARE MAKING THEM!), I GOT THE IDEA THAT MAYBE THEY WOULD LOOK A LITTLE ARTSIER IF I ADDED A LITTLE SOLDER HERE AND THERE. I LIKE THE LOOK. I FEEL IT IS A NICE VARIATION AS IT MAKES ME FEEL LESS LIKE I'M COPYING SOMEONE ELSE. (DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT SOME OF THE PICS ARE A LITTLE BLURRY. AN UNSTEADY HAND, PERHAPS!)














6 comments:

The Pink Birdhouse said...

That is really sweet!! And so perfect for spring time!!

anythinggoeshere said...

The solder does add alot! Looks really cute!

Annabelle said...

Beautiful! Yes I like the solder. My spider you mentioned in't for sale but I will be making a few this spring for Etsy. I will let you know. At the moment I am quite bust working on digital banners for blogs and Etsy and such. By the way the sea girl was me....hehe! Thanks for dropping by and the lovely compliments.
Hugs Annabelle

June said...

These are absolutly gorgeous! What a talent you have. Thanks so much for sharing.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Anita said...

Great work Judy- you are so talented! I need to learn to control the solder-mine gets globby!

I'm enjoying a day in the 50's here by painting my bedroom- first I used an pil based primer/sealer over the old plaster and the fumes have sent me over the top! :)

Hope all is well at the shop. I am soooo into birds nests this year- bring one to Kane so me... :)

Anita