Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MY FAVORITE VERSION

YESTERDAY, BABY ALICE AND WATCHED A 1970S VERSION OF "JANE EYRE", WITH GEORGE C. SCOTT AND SUSANNAH YORK. I THINK I HAVE MOST OF THE VERSIONS OF THIS WONDERFUL STORY ON TAPE OR DVD, BUT THIS VERSION IS MY VERY FAVORITE. I FEEL IT MOST CAPTURES THE TRUE ATMOSPHERE OF THE ORIGINAL STORY THAT WAS WRITTEN IN 1847 BY CHARLOTTE BRONT`E. AND THE BACKGROUND MUSIC IS JUST BEAUTFUL! MY DAUGHTER TAMMY FOUND AN ORIGINAL L.P. RECORD ON AMAZON YESTERDAY AND PURCHASED IT. IT WILL THEN BE COPIED ONTO A DISC. CAN'T WAIT!









2 comments:

June said...

I love this version as well. You are so right about the music in it too. I love this story, I can still remember how I felt when I first read the book so many years ago. I'm sure you felt the same way.
June

Annabelle said...

Yes, I have to agree this was the version I remember well. Thanks for the recollection of a romantic movie.
Hugs Annabelle