Monday, February 22, 2010

I MUST HAVE SPRING FEVER

All I want to make these days is spring, nature, and birdie things! Last week I learned how to make my own screen print stencils. I think it is a printing method that is going to be making a come back, along with block printing. I only managed to design two, a bird on a leafy branch and a chubby, little bumble bee. Oh, I forgot about the moth. I made these spring, nature banners out of the sample pieces that I printed, along with some rubber stamps of leaves and hand printing. ( In England, they are called buntings). They look rather raw and raggedy, but that's what I like. I'm going to be making more in different color themes, hopefully with more bird designs and nests. Some of them will make their way to the Kane Co. Flea Market in 2 weeks. This is my 146th post! after 4 more posts, I will do the drawing! So get as many comments in as you can so that your chances of winning will be greater! And remember, if you tell others about this give-away on your blog, you will earn 5 more chances to win! And to all of you who have been commenting and telling others, THANK YOU! I have been meeting a lot of new bloggers and they are all great! One of the flags has a tatted butterfly on it.

























This will end up being a pillow. Believe me, I held my breath when I added these to the pillow top! One mistake and it's ruined! Pheww!









23 comments:

Lululiz said...

I love your big fat bumblebee, she is gorgeous! The little banners work really well, I like them just the way they are

Anonymous said...

Love this banner! I do hope you will be sharing your printing technique sometime!

BellaRosa said...

Beautiful banner! I love everything about it and like Mary Ellen's comment, I too hope you share your techniques in perhaps a tutorial :) Besos, Rose

Debby said...

Your banner is fabulous, so pretty!
Debby

Unknown said...

oh...these are so very sweet! i too have "spring fever" as ALL i have been creating and putting together are nests..eggs...sweet birds. oh my..kindred spirits are we! thanks so muich for sharing your work. it's stunning! warm regards, ~*~*~*~michelle~*~*~*~

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Such beautiful work. I love the big fat bumblebee.
Lovely pillow tops.

Sissie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Really nice work. Love the little bird! I'm all about the birdies lately!

Anonymous said...

Your screen print stencils are fabulous! Love the fabrics, little stitches and scraps of lace! Perfection!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your screen prints turned out great! I think I have spring fever, too, cuz I LOVE everything with birds & butterflies! I have a table runner with the same butterfly on it! I'm looking at it right now!!!! :) Your pillow will be gorgeous when it's done...it already does! Thanks for sharing!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Beautiful! So brave with those rubber stamps! Love the bunting!
:)

Anita said...

These are wonderful...I made white triangle ones since I am on this neutral kick...but I didn't add any screen print...and now I have them made and am too chicken I would ruin them...I have 6 pillows ready to sew up- more birds and some Frenchie words/Eiffel Tower mix I made...In one box at the auction I found the fabric- kind of a cream lineny type weave...so I used it. And I got a bag of burlap that I used in a spring triangle banner...The auction was FAB- I got some great glass jars that Judy might make into terrariums...or I might put bulbs in...I'm wanting daffodils pretty bad...

June said...

You my dear, go to amazing lenghts to make beautiful art. Screen printing...that is just gorgeous! The banner turned out beautifully. Always a treat to see what you'll do next.
hugs

Kathy said...

These are fabulous! I can't wait to see them in two weeks. Let's hope the weather stays manageable! I'd love to learn screen printing and I'll bet you're right. I bet it does make a comeback! - Kathy

The Feathered Nest said...

These both are so gorgeous to me!!! I absolutely love the banner and look forward to seeing the pillow finished...beautiful artwork!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Sandra said...

Oh Judy...these would be lovely as
nature prayer flags...sending gentle energies of healing to mother earth.

I live in the woods..may I borrow your idea?

Blessings
Ama

ps...I have to smile.
my word for verification is: inest

Deb said...

Your banner is absolutely stunning! Love all the prints ♥

Anita said...

My birthday is March 23.

Lou said...

Your banner is a true work of art and totally gorgeous!! I absolutely love it! and all your other fabulous creations too! Thanks for sharing your talent!
Hugs
Louxx

The Creative Bohemian said...

These are very pretty and can be made with scraps, so quite green as well.

Tumbleweed Trails said...

I, too, have Spring Fever...but I sure haven't been creating like you. Your banner is superb. I love the chubby bumble bee. How fun it must be to do the screen printing.

Jody

Gill said...

love the banner!!
roll on spring - it can't come soon enough for me
gill

Karen Valentine said...

Too cute!!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Anonymous said...

Love Love this banner! became a beekeeper this past summer so am loving all things bees!