Sunday, May 17, 2009

IT TAKES A VILLAGE

LAST WEEK I FOUND A WONDERFUL ARTIST'S BLOG. COLLEENSREFLECTIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM. SHE MAKES THE SWEETEST FAIRIES THAT I'VE EVER SEEN AND HAS ALSO STARTED TO MAKE FAERIE HOUSES. BECAUSE LITTLE COTTAGES HAVE MOST TIMES BEEN SEEN IN THE WORK I DO, IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER, I WAS REALLY SMITTEN WITH HER CREATION. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO PUT ON MY SHELF OVER MY STUDIO WINDOW, SO I STARTED MAKING MY VILLAGE, INSPIRED BY COLLEEN'S BLOG, WITH SOME OF MY FAVORITE PIECES OF BARK CLOTH AND OTHER BITS AND BOBS. THIS IS JUST A START FOR MY VILLAGE AS I PLAN ON HAVING THE ENTIRE SHELF LINED UP WITH LITTLE COTTAGES. I DON'T KNOW IF COLLEN SELLS HER FAERIE HOUSES OR NOT, BUT YOU CAN ASK HER VIA HER BLOG. YOU MUST VISIT AS IT IS WONDERFUL!























































13 comments:

Coleen said...

thank you so much for the "plug"...yes, i do sell my creations ( I do retail shows) and I will be opening up an online shop real soon.....you lil houses are really sweet!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Unknown said...

these are very cute, I love their little 'leans' to the side'!!
Cheers , helen

Patti said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! I am going to visit Colleen's blog now. Thanks for sharing!

June said...

Hi Judy,
These are so enchanting. I can't even pick a favorite. Is there no end to your creativity? I hope not because I love being inspired by it.
Hugs,June

Anita said...

I am excited to see the creation of your village...I have my own series planned for over my work desk ( in progress)- not of houses but of ME as a princess...not a stretch, is it???When you get back from England, I will have them DONE!

Silver said...

ah..these are simple delightful! how do you get so many different ideas t put these together?

Anita said...

Judy-

To answer your questions, Elkhonr was great- especially for a ONE DAY show...I did as much as I do in 2 at Kane...and sold more expensive items quickly...We plan on keeping both shows over the summer...I posted a ton of pictures....Guess what though? Judy broke off a tooth- sound familiar- and had enough ibuprofen to kill ahorse, I think!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your kind words on my bloggy. what a sweet idea making fabric houses!

:) mary ann

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

I'M SORRY ABOUT NOT GETTING COLEEN'S BLOG SITE RIGHT. IF ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING TO IT, PLEASE GO TO MY PROFILE PAGE AS SHE IS ONE OF THE BLOGS I FOLLOW. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO REACH HER FROM THERE.

Coleen said...

hi! I was asked to post again so here i am!! my blog site is
www.coleensreflections.blogspot.com

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Country Cottage Chic said...

They are really sweet!

Jayne

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hi Judy! So cute!! xo -- Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

These are exquisite.... the prettiest most original creations I have seen for a long time..
I believed in fairies big time when I was a child and would love to have housed them in one of these cottages..

Michele
P.s Lovely blog you have here!