Friday, May 15, 2009

FEELING LIKE A PRINCESS

THIS WEEK I WANTED TO GO TO "THE PEC THING" WHICH IS A LARGE FLEA MARKET THAT IS HELD ONCE IN THE SPRING AND ONCE IN THE FALL IN PECOTONICA,ILLINOIS. AS MY DAUGHTER ROBIN LIVES ABOUT 15 MINUTES FROM THERE, IT WAS AGREED THAT WE WOULD MEET THERE AND DO SOME EARLY SHOPPING. OF COURSE I SPENT THE NITE AT HER HOUSE AND SLEPT IN HER SWEET LITTLE QUEST ROOM. I FELT LIKE I WAS AT A B&B! NOW , ROBIN DOES NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN, NOR DOES SHE PLAN ON HAVING ANY. SHE IS JUST VERY GOOD AT DECIDING ON A THEME AND THEN FINDING MOSTLY VINTAGE ITEMS TO ADD TO THE LOOK THAT SHE WANTS. IN THIS CASE IT WAS A SWEET LITTLE GIRL LOOK, PROBABLY BASED ON WHAT SHE WOULD HAVE LIKED HER ROOM TO LOOK LIKE WHEN SHE WAS A CHILD. IT IS A WONDERFUL ROOM TO SPEND THE NITE IN AND MY PICTURES DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE. THROUGH THE YEARS, SHE HAS FOUND SOME WONDERFUL MINIATURE CUPBOARDS, CHAIRS, TRUNKS, CRADLES, ETC.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A SWEETER HOT WATER BOTTLE?














SILHOUETTES OF MY THREE DAUGHTERS FROM 1977.






VINTAGE WOOL NEEDLEWORK OF ROBINS.








WINDOW TREATMENT CREATED BY ROBIN.






















AND THIS IS 11 YEAR OLD KOSMO WHO IS DEPRESSED BECAUSE HE MISSED THE CHANCE TO HASSLE THE POSTMAN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 10 YEARS!










5 comments:

June said...

Hi Judy,
You must have been 'snug as a bug in a rug' in that lovely room. I adore the window treatment and the airy feeling in that room.
Hugs,
June

Anonymous said...

WHat a lovely, cozy room your daughter has created! She must take after her mom!!

blessings
mary

Country Cottage Chic said...

What a lovely room! I love the bunny cushion on the bed.

Robin Grande said...

Mom...I got a kick out of the reaction(s) over the $5 ducky water bottle!

Anita said...

Hope you had a great time at the Pec Thing and post some pictures so I can see what I missed, while alternately FREZZING in my van overnight and then getting SUNBURNT as heck on Sunday at Elkhorn. All for a pile of cash...which wass very nice and I am sure my phone compnay and electric company will appreciate getting paid! I am sure your daughter has gotten some of your decorating genes...