Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'M STILL HERE.........

............Frantic like the rest of you, trying to get everything finished up for our holidays.  Poor hubby is in the hospital recovering from major surgery with pneumonia as a complication.  After more than a week, it looks like he is finally on the mend, it will just be slow going for him for awhile.

  While running out of money for little luxuries for my new, old house, i decided to use what was on hand for the mudroom window.  Sometimes it;s true that the best things in life are free!  I love my "twig curtain".  The beautiful fern was a freebie from my friend Janice 2 years ago.  It was on her patio for the summer and come fall it was either me or the trash.  To show it's appreciation for the rescue, it just keeps on growin'

  The simple twig wreath is from a roadside harvest of larch branches from some very ancient, humongous trees. All that cost me was a few scratches and a stubbed toe! HA!

  I'm signing off now as I must get back to work!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Looks great I love your window twig curtain.I love older homes.They are much more work.But I think it is worth it in the end.Hope your husband feels better soon.Merry Christmas.