Monday, January 25, 2010

SHOP TALK

I KNOW THAT I DON'T TALK ABOUT MY SHOP VERY OFTEN, BUT SOMETHING WONDERFUL HAPPENED AT THE SHOP RECENTLY, AND I THINK IT NEEDS MENTIONING. A FEW MONTH'S AGO I MET MARY THROUGH ANOTHER SHOP OWNER/FRIEND OF MINE, DENISE. DENISE ARRANGED FOR MARY TO DO SOME FURNITURE PAINTING IN MY SHOP STUDIO, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME MINDING MY SHOP SO THAT I COULD HAVE SOME DAYS OFF. LITTLE DID I KNOW WHAT GREAT THINGS WERE TO COME OF THIS ARRANGEMENT! MARY NOT ONLY MINDED THE STORE, BUT STARTED PRESENTING IDEAS TO ME THAT WOULD MAKE THE SHOP MORE EFFICIENT. SHE STARTED ORGANIZING MY STUDIO, WHICH ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT THAT WAS NO SMALL FEAT! ETC., ETC., ETC...... TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, MARY ASKED IF SHE COULD BECOME MY PARTNER! SO FAR IT'S BEEN A GOOD DECISION FOR BOTH OF US. LAST WEEK-END, MARY AND HER VERY SWEET HUSBAND, TOTALLY REARRANGED THE MAIN ROOM AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S AWESOME! MARY HAD EVERYTHING PRE-DONE ON A FLOOR PLAN, (SAY WHAT!) HAD ALL HER DUCKS IN A ROW, AND SHE TOLD ME THAT EVERYTHING WENT LIKE CLOCKWORK! (NOTICE THAT I WAS NOT AROUND THAT DAY?) ANY WAY, I'VE INCLUDED JUST A FEW PICS OF THE SHOP. THERE IS MORE THAT WE WANT TO DO, AND AS SOON AS MARY HAS THE TIME , SHE WILL. (lol) IN ADDITION, MARY HAS STARTED A WEBSITE ABOUT HER PART AT THE SHOP @ WWW.lamaisonmarche.net. CHECK IT OUT SOME TIME......................NOW REMEMBER, MY COMMENT GIVEAWAY WILL LAST FOR A COUPLE MORE WEEKS, SO PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT FOR ME WHEN YOU VISIT AS I HAVE A VERY BIG BASKET AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT FULL OF NAMES! (I MIGHT EVEN CHOOSE MORE THAN ONE NAME FOR A SECOND PLACE GIFT!)




























19 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love the pictures of your shop.
It looks so inviting and I wish I was closer so I could visit.
Congratulations on having a new partner. I wish you both the best success.

Sissie

Anita said...

Judy ( and Mary)- It looks wonderful. My favorite is the old table with the cloche on it- it is all the naturey stuff Judy collects that I love-moss and dried mushrooms and stuff....Isn;t it fun to see your stuff throught someone else's eyes?

June said...

Judy your shop looks wonderful! I am so happy for you and hope that everything works out as you wish them to. I see several things in those pictures that have my name written all over them. That green chippy mirror being one of them. Love it. I really enjoyed seeing the valentine things you are decorating with.
Hugs

Sandra said...

Judy, your photos show such warmth and comfort. Sounds like your new partnership has bringing new life to this venture.

Big smiles for U

Dar said...

How wonderful to see...it looks like your partnership and friendship will grow and grow...All is perfectly done. Congrats to you both
Blessings

Lululiz said...

Fabulous! Lovely little vignettes everywhere. Sounds to me like a partnership made in heaven.

Rebecca said...

Hi Judy
Oh I wish you the most luck in your new venture. The shop looks wonderful, I will try and get over one of these days.
Blessings

Melissa said...

Your shop looks beautiful, how I would love to spend an afternoon looking through it all!

mimi charmante said...

Oh, how I would LOVE to visit your shop!!! It is absolutely lovely~
Thanks for visiting and entering the draw!
xx

The Feathered Nest said...

What gorgeous vignettes!!! I bet you are so relieved to have help Judy!!! When I had the shop I was so happy to have taken on a partner...she was amazing at everything ~ it was so nice to have some time back in my life to do other things!!! I'm so happy for you ~ xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shop - I especially love the table with the cloche!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Gretchen said...

Your shop looks great. Love the table with the nature stuff on it. Makes me think of Spring and the fact that it will one day be here again.
Gretchen

Unknown said...

OH WOW~So many nice things where said. Thanks Judy for your lovely post! ... and to everyone else for your nice comments. I love working here!~Mary

Gill said...

i love the blue fabric on your chair - where is it from??
gill

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have Mary to help you and that she is so clever with vignettes!! My what talent! I love the old table with the cloches!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your shop is beautiful! So many wonderful things to look at! Maybe someday I will be able to visit...

Best of luck to you and your new partner!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I've decided! My most favorite thing in all of your photos is the wonderful table in the second to last photo. I can just imagine it under a big old oak tree for a summertime lunch!
xoxo
Donna

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Love all the lovely treasures picturedin the photos. I could spend hours upon hours in your shop.

Anonymous said...

Your shop is wonderful!! I wish I had my own little place like this but must settle with my little booth space for now!