Saturday, November 21, 2009

LITTLE STOCKINGS

THESE LITTLE STOCKINGS ARE SCENTED SACHETS THAT CAN BE USED AS AN ORNIE, A TIE ON OR JUST TO PILE IN A BASKET. THEY ARE MADE OF RAW SILK , ARE SLIGHTLY STUFFED AND HAVE SOME SCENTED WAX SHAVINGS ADDED FOR A YUMMY PINE SCENT. I HAVE ALSO MADE THEM OUT OF BURLAP, LINSEY-WOOLSEY, OLD FRENCH TICKING, AND LINEN. THEY WERE A SELL OUT AT A RECENT HOLIDAY SHOW BEFORE I GOT A CHANCE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF THEM, SO I AM WORKING ON MORE NOW AND WILL TAKE PHOTOS OF THEM BEFORE I TAKE THEM TO MY SHOP. THEY ARE 6" TALL AND SELL FOR 10.00.









2 comments:

June said...

Good morning dear Judy,
These little stockings are like everything you create...BEAUTIFUL! They are so nastalgic looking. What a delight to see your art today.
And speaking of seeing your art...I went to the post today and there was my beautiful cuff and a surprise waiting for me. I love them so much Judy! Just so wonderful of you to do for me. I feel honored to have these items made by your hand and will treasure them always. The ornament is gorgeous and will find a special spot in my home.(it will definitely hang year 'round)
Can I please post about this most generous gift? I would like to do a post today or tomorrow.
Warm hugs,
June

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

These are such sweet little shabby stockings.
I just came over from June's blog where she featured your lovely cuff that you sent to her as a gift.
You are such a creative artist.
I am going to follow you and I'll be back later to look around your lovely blog.