Monday, February 2, 2009

ANOTHER DRESS FORM





























THIS DRESS FORM HAS A BEADED WIRE BODICE AND WAS IN SEVERAL PIECES WHEN I GOT HER. THE FIRST THING I HAD TO DO WAS RIG UP A BASE, SOOO, I RIFFLED THROUGH MY BOXES OF JUNK AND FOUND WHAT I THINK IS EITHER A LAMP PART OR HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH DOORKNOBS. WHATEVER, IT WORKED! I THEN SOLDERED PART A TO PART B, SCREWED PART B INTO THE BODICE AND THEN IT WAS GOOD TO GO.
THEN IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF CHOOSING WHAT FABRIC, RIBBON AND EMBELLISHMENTS I HAVE A HARD TIME PARTING WITH, THEN PARTING WITH THEM; A VINTAGE SCRAP OF MERLO COLORED VELVET, A BIT OF RIBBON FOR THE WAIST, SEVERAL STRANDS OF VICTORIAN JET BEADS, A RHINESTONE BIT, AND AN OLD CHAIN WITH CRYSTAL DANGLES FOR THE BODICE. SINCE THE SKIRT HAD A PIECE CUT OFF OF IT A ONE TIME, AND WAS VERY UNEVEN, I USED A PIECE OF NETTING AND TINY SILK RIBBON ROSES TO COVER UP THAT PART. TO FINISH, I GATHERED AN OLD PIECE OF FRENCH RIBBON TO COMPLETE THE HEM. MIND YOU, THIS IS A VERY SHABBY LOOK AS I DO NOT GO TO GREAT EFFORT TO MAKE THINGS LOOK PRISTINE. THAT IS WHAT IS FUN ABOUT ALTERED ART.

2 comments:

Sea Angels said...

How very kind you are, thankyou for your lovely email. The dresses on the forms are beautiful.
Hugs Lynn xx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hi, Alan here (Debbies Husband) from Debbies English Treasures.v She asked me to help you place some links on your blog. There are a few different ways to add links on your blog, here's a couple. To add a link in a post, highlight the text or picture you want to be the link you click then click the symbol of the chain in the tool bar and type the address you want to link to. If you want to create list of links on your blog as a permanent feature go to your control panel, click layout, then click "add gadget" and follow the instructions. If non of this makes any sense Email Debbie and I will go into more detail.

Yours Alan.